Sunday, December 11, 2011

100 push-ups


It has really been way too long before I've been doing anything at all to keep in shape, and it's having it's toll on my body, posture, and my overall energy levels. I don't like it.

So instead of looking back to the "good ol' days" of kung fu and dragonboat, I have decided to start a regular exercise program: the 100 pushups program at hundredpushups.com, because it is easy, free, quiet, and using about 30 minutes a week, fits nicely into my uber busy schedule, and I'm gonna use this doodle space (untouched since 2008) to keep track of my progress if anyone's interested.

First of all, I am an Asian female, 23 years old, had a history of sports and activities but is currently sedentary due to a busy work/school schedule. I will not be doing much of any other exercises aside from stretches other than the hundred push-ups program.

According to the hundredpushups.com program, you take an initial test to access your fitness level. Basically you do as many push-ups as you can before you drop. I fall under fitness level Rank 3, meaning that I can do 15 - 29 consecutive push-ups in one set (20), meaning that I can skip to week 3 in the six week program. However, to play it safe, and to give myself more time to ease into the fitness program without injury, I will start from the first week of the program. As today is December 11, I should be able to do 100 push-ups after six weeks, on January 21. As the program allows for repeating especially difficult weeks, I should still be able to do 100 push-ups by my birthday on February 12, which is gonna be my goal.




No comments: